Barns And Bobles #5 Local Residents Express Dismay At Bethesda Row Barnes & Noble Closure - Bethesda Beat - Bethesda, MD
5 pictures of Barns And Bobles #5 Local Residents Express Dismay At Bethesda Row Barnes & Noble Closure - Bethesda Beat - Bethesda, MD
Barnsbarn1 (bärn),USA pronunciation n.
- a building for storing hay, grain, etc., and often for housing livestock.
- a very large garage for buses, trucks, etc.;
- to store (hay, grain, etc.) in a barn.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Locallo•cal (lō′kəl),USA pronunciation adj.
- pertaining to or characterized by place or position in space;
- pertaining to, characteristic of, or restricted to a particular place or particular places: a local custom.
- pertaining to a city, town, or small district rather than an entire state or country: local transportation.
- stopping at most or all stations: a local train.
- pertaining to or affecting a particular part or particular parts, as of a physical system or organism: a local disease.
- (of anesthesia or an anesthetic) affecting only a particular part or area of the body, without concomitant loss of consciousness, as distinguished from general anesthesia.
- a local train, bus, etc.
- a newspaper item of local interest.
- a local branch of a union, fraternity, etc.
- a local anesthetic.
- Often, locals.
- a local person or resident: primarily of interest to locals.
- a local athletic team: the locals versus the state champions.
- stamp (def. 22).
- a neighborhood pub.
- to travel by or take a local train or the like.
Expressex•press (ik spres′),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to put (thought) into words;
utter or state: to express an idea clearly.
- to show, manifest, or reveal: to express one's anger.
- to set forth the opinions, feelings, etc., of (oneself ), as in speaking, writing, or painting: He can express himself eloquently.
- to represent by a symbol, character, figure, or formula: to express water asH2O;
to express unknown quantities algebraically.
- to send by express: to express a package or merchandise.
- to press or squeeze out: to express the juice of grapes.
- to exude or emit (a liquid, odor, etc.), as if under pressure: The roses expressed a sweet perfume.
- (of a gene) to be active in the production of (a protein or a phenotype).
- clearly indicated;
plain: He defied my express command.
definite: We have an express purpose in being here.
- direct or fast, esp. making few or no intermediate stops: an express train; an express elevator.
- used for direct or high-speed travel: an express highway.
- duly or exactly formed or represented: an express image.
- pertaining to an express: an express agency.
- an express train, bus, elevator, etc.
- a system or method of sending freight, parcels, money, etc., that is faster and safer, but more expensive, than ordinary freight service: We agree to send the package by express.
- a company engaged in this business.
- a messenger or a message specially sent.
- something sent by express.
ex•press′er, ex•pres′sor, n.
- by express: to travel express.
Atat1 (at; unstressed ət, it),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate a point or place occupied in space);
in, on, or near: to stand at the door; at the bottom of the barrel.
- (used to indicate a location or position, as in time, on a scale, or in order): at zero; at age 65; at the end; at the lowest point.
- (used to indicate presence or location): at home; at hand.
- (used to indicate amount, degree, or rate): at great speed; at high altitudes.
- (used to indicate a direction, goal, or objective);
toward: Aim at the mark. Look at that.
- (used to indicate occupation or involvement): at work; at play.
- (used to indicate a state or condition): at ease; at peace.
- (used to indicate a cause or source): She was annoyed at his stupidity.
- (used to indicate a method or manner): He spoke at length.
- (used to indicate relative quality or value): at one's best; at cost.
- be at (someone), to be sexually aggressive toward (a person): She's pregnant again because he's at her morning, noon, and night.
- where it's at, [Informal.]the place where the most interesting or exciting things happen: Emma says that Rome is definitely where it's at now.
Rowrow1 (rō),USA pronunciation n.
- a number of persons or things arranged in a line, esp. a straight line: a row of apple trees.
- a line of persons or things so arranged: The petitioners waited in a row.
- a line of adjacent seats facing the same way, as in a theater: seats in the third row of the balcony.
- a street formed by two continuous lines of buildings.
- See tone row.
- [Checkers.]one of the horizontal lines of squares on a checkerboard;
- hard or long row to hoe, a difficult task or set of circumstances to confront: At 32 and with two children, she found attending medical school a hard row to hoe.
- to put in a row (often fol. by up).
Nobleno•ble (nō′bəl),USA pronunciation adj., -bler, -blest, n.
- distinguished by rank or title.
- pertaining to persons so distinguished.
- of, belonging to, or constituting a hereditary class that has special social or political status in a country or state;
of or pertaining to the aristocracy.
- of an exalted moral or mental character or excellence;
lofty: a noble thought.
- admirable in dignity of conception, manner of expression, execution, or composition: a noble poem.
- very impressive or imposing in appearance;
magnificent: a noble monument.
- of an admirably high quality;
- [Falconry.](of a hawk) having excellent qualities or abilities.
- a person of noble birth or rank;
nobleman or noblewoman.
- a former gold coin of England, first issued in 1346 by Edward III, equal to half a mark or 6s. 8d., replaced in 1464 under Edward IV by the rose noble.
- (in Britain) a peer.
Beatbeat (bēt),USA pronunciation v., beat, beat•en or beat, beat•ing, n., adj.
- to strike violently or forcefully and repeatedly.
- to dash against: rain beating the trees.
- to flutter, flap, or rotate in or against: beating the air with its wings.
- to sound, as on a drum: beating a steady rhythm; to beat a tattoo.
- to stir vigorously: Beat the egg whites well.
- to break, forge, or make by blows: to beat their swords into plowshares.
- to produce (an attitude, idea, habit, etc.) by repeated efforts: I'll beat some sense into him.
- to make (a path) by repeated treading.
- to strike (a person or animal) repeatedly and injuriously: Some of the hoodlums beat their victims viciously before robbing them.
- to mark (time) by strokes, as with the hand or a metronome.
- [Hunting.]to scour (the forest, grass, or brush), and sometimes make noise, in order to rouse game.
- to overcome in a contest;
- to win over in a race: We beat the English challenger to Bermuda.
- to be superior to: Making reservations beats waiting in line.
- to be incomprehensible to;
baffle: It beats me how he got the job.
- to defeat or frustrate (a person), as a problem to be solved: It beats me how to get her to understand.
- to mitigate or offset the effects of: beating the hot weather; trying to beat the sudden decrease in land values.
- to swindle;
cheat (often fol. by out): He beat him out of hundreds of dollars on that deal.
- to escape or avoid (blame or punishment).
- to strike (the loose pick) into its proper place in the woven cloth by beating the loosely deposited filling yarn with the reed.
- to strike repeated blows;
- to throb or pulsate: His heart began to beat faster.
- to dash;
strike (usually fol. by against or on): rain beating against the windows.
- to resound under blows, as a drum.
- to achieve victory in a contest;
win: Which team do you think will beat?
- to play, as on a drum.
- to scour cover for game.
- to make a beat or beats.
- (of a cooking ingredient) to foam or stiffen as a result of beating or whipping: This cream won't beat.
- to tack to windward by sailing close-hauled.
- beat about:
- to search through;
scour: After beating about for several hours, he turned up the missing papers.
- to tack into the wind.
- beat all, [Informal.]to surpass anything of a similar nature, esp. in an astonishing or outrageous way: The way he came in here and ordered us around beats all!
- beat a retreat. See retreat (def. 8).
- beat around or about the bush. See bush 1 (def. 14).
- beat back, to force back;
compel to withdraw: to beat back an attacker.
- beat down:
- to bring into subjection;
- to persuade (a seller) to lower the price of something: His first price was too high, so we tried to beat him down.
- beat it, to depart;
go away: He was pestering me, so I told him to beat it.
- beat off:
- to ward off;
repulse: We had to beat off clouds of mosquitoes.
- [Slang](vulgar). to masturbate.
- beat out:
- to defeat;
win or be chosen over: to beat out the competition.
- [Carpentry.]to cut (a mortise).
- to produce hurriedly, esp. by writing or typing: There are three days left to beat out the first draft of the novel.
- [Baseball.](of a hitter) to make (an infield ground ball or bunt) into a hit: He beat out a weak grounder to third.
- beat the air or wind, to make repeated futile attempts.
- beat the rap. See rap 1 (def. 16).
- beat up:
- Also, beat up on. to strike repeatedly so as to cause painful injury;
thrash: A gang of toughs beat him up on the way home from school. In the third round the champion really began to beat up on the challenger.
- to find or gather;
scare up: I'll beat up some lunch for us while you make out the shopping list.
- a stroke or blow.
- the sound made by one or more such blows: the beat of drums.
- a throb or pulsation: a pulse of 60 beats per minute.
- the ticking sound made by a clock or watch escapement.
- one's assigned or regular path or habitual round: a policeman's beat.
- the audible, visual, or mental marking of the metrical divisions of music.
- a stroke of the hand, baton, etc., marking the time division or an accent for music during performance.
- [Theat.]a momentary time unit imagined by an actor in timing actions: Wait four beats and then pick up the phone.
- [Pros.]the accent stress, or ictus, in a foot or rhythmical unit of poetry.
- a pulsation caused by the coincidence of the amplitudes of two oscillations of unequal frequencies, having a frequency equal to the difference between the frequencies of the two oscillations.
- the reporting of a piece of news in advance, esp. before it is reported by a rival or rivals. Cf. exclusive (def. 13), scoop (def. 8).
- Also called newsbeat, run. the particular news source or activity that a reporter is responsible for covering.
- a subdivision of a county, as in Mississippi.
- (often cap.) beatnik.
- off one's beat, outside of one's routine, general knowledge, or range of experience: He protested that nonobjective art was off his beat.
- on the beat, in the correct rhythm or tempo: By the end of the number they were all finally playing on the beat.
- (often cap.) of or characteristic of members of the Beat Generation or beatniks.
- Maryland (approved esp. for use with zip code).Doctor of Medicine.
Hi , this picture is about Barns And Bobles #5 Local Residents Express Dismay At Bethesda Row Barnes & Noble Closure - Bethesda Beat - Bethesda, MD. This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 3360 x 2240. It's file size is only 640 KB. If You desired to download It to Your computer, you may Click here. You could also download more images by clicking the following picture or read more at here: Barns And Bobles.
Your house typically has its figure. Similarly with all cottages or the bungalow are observed in the UK. Don't need to modify the building's composition is too much, Barns And Bobles #5 Local Residents Express Dismay At Bethesda Row Barnes & Noble Closure - Bethesda Beat - Bethesda, MD patterns and classic cottage compete.
The pad was built in the 18th century and is today past the stage of redevelopment. In the place of attempting to mimic the type of the bungalow, Alex St made a decision to build an additional home design that'll minimize the whole lodge's architectural change and sustain the type of the household.
Never requested attractive, a result! In order to keep up with a building's identity, Kitchen's artist Alex Saint Structure incorporating a home design in addition to the main building. The end result? Beautiful! Yes, Chelshire was located in by a cottage, great britain may be the building involved.