Acid Staining Concrete Countertops #1 CustomCreteWerks
Acidac•id (as′id),USA pronunciation n.
- a compound usually having a sour taste and capable of neutralizing alkalis and reddening blue litmus paper, containing hydrogen that can be replaced by a metal or an electropositive group to form a salt, or containing an atom that can accept a pair of electrons from a base. Acids are proton donors that yield hydronium ions in water solution, or electron-pair acceptors that combine with electron-pair donors or bases.
- a substance with a sour taste.
- something, as a remark or piece of writing, that is sharp, sour, or ill-natured: His criticism was pure acid.
- See LSD (def. 2).
- put on the acid, [Australian Slang.]to importune someone, as for money, sexual favors, or confidential information.
- belonging or pertaining to acids or the anhydrides of acids.
- having only a part of the hydrogen of an acid replaced by a metal or its equivalent: an acid phosphate.
- having a pH value of less than 7. Cf. alkaline (def. 4).
- sharp or biting to the taste;
tasting like vinegar;
sour: acid fruits.
- sharp, biting, or ill-natured in mood, manner, etc.: an acid remark; an acid wit.
- containing much silica.
- noting, pertaining to, or made by a process in which the lining of the furnace, or the slag that is present, functions as an acid in high-temperature reactions in taking electrons from oxide ions: usually a siliceous material, as sand or ganister. Cf. basic (def. 3).
Stainingstain (stān),USA pronunciation n.
- a discoloration produced by foreign matter having penetrated into or chemically reacted with a material;
a spot not easily removed.
- a natural spot or patch of color different from that of the basic color, as on the body of an animal.
- a cause of reproach;
blemish: a stain on one's reputation.
- coloration produced by a dye that penetrates a substance, as wood.
- a dye made into a solution for coloring woods, textiles, etc.
- a reagent or dye used in treating a specimen for microscopic examination.
- to discolor with spots or streaks of foreign matter.
- to bring reproach or dishonor upon;
- to sully with guilt or infamy;
- to color or dye (wood, cloth, etc.) by any of various processes that change or react with the substance chemically.
- to color with something that penetrates the substance.
- to treat (a microscopic specimen) with some reagent or dye in order to color the whole or parts and so give distinctness, contrast of tissues, etc.
- to produce a stain.
- to become stained;
take a stain: This fabric stains easily.
stain′a•bil′i•ty, stain′a•ble•ness, n.
Concretecon•crete (kon′krēt, kong′-, kon krēt′, kong- for 1–10, 11, 14, 15; kon krēt′, kong- for 12, 13),USA pronunciation adj., n., v., -cret•ed, -cret•ing.
- constituting an actual thing or instance;
real: a concrete proof of his sincerity.
- pertaining to or concerned with realities or actual instances rather than abstractions;
particular (opposed to general): concrete ideas.
- representing or applied to an actual substance or thing, as opposed to an abstract quality: The words "cat,'' "water,'' and "teacher'' are concrete, whereas the words "truth,'' "excellence,'' and "adulthood'' are abstract.
- made of concrete: a concrete pavement.
- formed by coalescence of separate particles into a mass;
united in a coagulated, condensed, or solid mass or state.
- an artificial, stonelike material used for various structural purposes, made by mixing cement and various aggregates, as sand, pebbles, gravel, or shale, with water and allowing the mixture to harden. Cf. reinforced concrete.
- any of various other artificial building or paving materials, as those containing tar.
- a concrete idea or term;
a word or notion having an actual or existent thing or instance as its referent.
- a mass formed by coalescence or concretion of particles of matter.
- set or cast in concrete, to put (something) in final form;
finalize so as to prevent change or reversal: The basic agreement sets in concrete certain policies.
- to treat or lay with concrete: to concrete a sidewalk.
- to form into a mass by coalescence of particles;
- to make real, tangible, or particular.
- to coalesce into a mass;
- to use or apply concrete.
Countertopscount•er•top (koun′tər top′),USA pronunciation n.
- a counter, as in a kitchen, esp. when covered with a heat- and stain-resistant material.
- designed to fit or be used on a countertop: a countertop microwave oven.
counter1 + top1]
Howdy folks, this image is about Acid Staining Concrete Countertops #1 CustomCreteWerks. This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 820 x 257. This image's file size is just 27 KB. If You want to download It to Your computer, you could Click here. You also too download more photos by clicking the following photo or see more at this article: Acid Staining Concrete Countertops.
One of the most typical questions we consult is just how do I paint my tub mirror? The baths have advantages through the years and therefore are additionally the bathroom's focal-point. By repainting or remodeling your Acid Staining Concrete Countertops #1 CustomCreteWerks, you paint the shower counter with comparative ease, can bring lifestyle towards the previous toilet and takes only some nights of function and develop a wonderful weekend project.
First we must prepare toilet cabinet to do this you will need sandpaper screwdriver and mild soap. Utilizing your screwdriver and eliminate every one of the compartments from your cabinet that is existing. Next grab your sandpaper along with a bit of sand all concluded from your makeup cabinet. Ensure the sand both edges of the restroom doorway. Slightly rinse the entire toilet with mild detergent, once you have completed sanding the entranceway.
Use a supreme quality primer to let the exterior surface of the t consult with your local equipment retailer to have the best primer on your project that is specific. Let before wanting to paint your bathroom vanity, the primer dry. Tape from all edges around your toilet counter to not get paint on your walls or floors.