Tom Dixon Beat Light Tall - Black Pendant Lamp ( Beat Lamp #6)
Beatbeat (bēt),USA pronunciation v., beat, beat•en or beat, beat•ing, n., adj.
- to strike violently or forcefully and repeatedly.
- to dash against: rain beating the trees.
- to flutter, flap, or rotate in or against: beating the air with its wings.
- to sound, as on a drum: beating a steady rhythm; to beat a tattoo.
- to stir vigorously: Beat the egg whites well.
- to break, forge, or make by blows: to beat their swords into plowshares.
- to produce (an attitude, idea, habit, etc.) by repeated efforts: I'll beat some sense into him.
- to make (a path) by repeated treading.
- to strike (a person or animal) repeatedly and injuriously: Some of the hoodlums beat their victims viciously before robbing them.
- to mark (time) by strokes, as with the hand or a metronome.
- [Hunting.]to scour (the forest, grass, or brush), and sometimes make noise, in order to rouse game.
- to overcome in a contest;
- to win over in a race: We beat the English challenger to Bermuda.
- to be superior to: Making reservations beats waiting in line.
- to be incomprehensible to;
baffle: It beats me how he got the job.
- to defeat or frustrate (a person), as a problem to be solved: It beats me how to get her to understand.
- to mitigate or offset the effects of: beating the hot weather; trying to beat the sudden decrease in land values.
- to swindle;
cheat (often fol. by out): He beat him out of hundreds of dollars on that deal.
- to escape or avoid (blame or punishment).
- to strike (the loose pick) into its proper place in the woven cloth by beating the loosely deposited filling yarn with the reed.
- to strike repeated blows;
- to throb or pulsate: His heart began to beat faster.
- to dash;
strike (usually fol. by against or on): rain beating against the windows.
- to resound under blows, as a drum.
- to achieve victory in a contest;
win: Which team do you think will beat?
- to play, as on a drum.
- to scour cover for game.
- to make a beat or beats.
- (of a cooking ingredient) to foam or stiffen as a result of beating or whipping: This cream won't beat.
- to tack to windward by sailing close-hauled.
- beat about:
- to search through;
scour: After beating about for several hours, he turned up the missing papers.
- to tack into the wind.
- beat all, [Informal.]to surpass anything of a similar nature, esp. in an astonishing or outrageous way: The way he came in here and ordered us around beats all!
- beat a retreat. See retreat (def. 8).
- beat around or about the bush. See bush 1 (def. 14).
- beat back, to force back;
compel to withdraw: to beat back an attacker.
- beat down:
- to bring into subjection;
- to persuade (a seller) to lower the price of something: His first price was too high, so we tried to beat him down.
- beat it, to depart;
go away: He was pestering me, so I told him to beat it.
- beat off:
- to ward off;
repulse: We had to beat off clouds of mosquitoes.
- [Slang](vulgar). to masturbate.
- beat out:
- to defeat;
win or be chosen over: to beat out the competition.
- [Carpentry.]to cut (a mortise).
- to produce hurriedly, esp. by writing or typing: There are three days left to beat out the first draft of the novel.
- [Baseball.](of a hitter) to make (an infield ground ball or bunt) into a hit: He beat out a weak grounder to third.
- beat the air or wind, to make repeated futile attempts.
- beat the rap. See rap 1 (def. 16).
- beat up:
- Also, beat up on. to strike repeatedly so as to cause painful injury;
thrash: A gang of toughs beat him up on the way home from school. In the third round the champion really began to beat up on the challenger.
- to find or gather;
scare up: I'll beat up some lunch for us while you make out the shopping list.
- a stroke or blow.
- the sound made by one or more such blows: the beat of drums.
- a throb or pulsation: a pulse of 60 beats per minute.
- the ticking sound made by a clock or watch escapement.
- one's assigned or regular path or habitual round: a policeman's beat.
- the audible, visual, or mental marking of the metrical divisions of music.
- a stroke of the hand, baton, etc., marking the time division or an accent for music during performance.
- [Theat.]a momentary time unit imagined by an actor in timing actions: Wait four beats and then pick up the phone.
- [Pros.]the accent stress, or ictus, in a foot or rhythmical unit of poetry.
- a pulsation caused by the coincidence of the amplitudes of two oscillations of unequal frequencies, having a frequency equal to the difference between the frequencies of the two oscillations.
- the reporting of a piece of news in advance, esp. before it is reported by a rival or rivals. Cf. exclusive (def. 13), scoop (def. 8).
- Also called newsbeat, run. the particular news source or activity that a reporter is responsible for covering.
- a subdivision of a county, as in Mississippi.
- (often cap.) beatnik.
- off one's beat, outside of one's routine, general knowledge, or range of experience: He protested that nonobjective art was off his beat.
- on the beat, in the correct rhythm or tempo: By the end of the number they were all finally playing on the beat.
- (often cap.) of or characteristic of members of the Beat Generation or beatniks.
Lightlight1 (līt),USA pronunciation n., adj., -er, -est, v., light•ed or lit, light•ing.
- something that makes things visible or affords illumination: All colors depend on light.
- Also called luminous energy, radiant energy. electromagnetic radiation to which the organs of sight react, ranging in wavelength from about 400 to 700 nm and propagated at a speed of 186,282 mi./sec (299,972 km/sec), considered variously as a wave, corpuscular, or quantum phenomenon.
- a similar form of radiant energy that does not affect the retina, as ultraviolet or infrared rays.
- the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of sight.
- an illuminating agent or source, as the sun, a lamp, or a beacon.
- the radiance or illumination from a particular source: the light of a candle.
- the illumination from the sun;
daylight: We awoke at the first light.
- daybreak or dawn: when light appeared in the east.
- daytime: Summer has more hours of light.
- a particular light or illumination in which an object seen takes on a certain appearance: viewing the portrait in dim light.
- a device for or means of igniting, as a spark, flame, or match: Could you give me a light?
- a traffic light: Don't cross till the light changes.
- the aspect in which a thing appears or is regarded: Try to look at the situation in a more cheerful light.
- the state of being visible, exposed to view, or revealed to public notice or knowledge;
limelight: Stardom has placed her in the light.
- a person who is an outstanding leader, celebrity, or example;
luminary: He became one of the leading lights of Restoration drama.
- the effect of light falling on an object or scene as represented in a picture.
- one of the brightest parts of a picture.
- a gleam or sparkle, as in the eyes.
- a measure or supply of light;
illumination: The wall cuts off our light.
- spiritual illumination or awareness;
- Also called day. one compartment of a window or window sash.
- a window, esp. a small one.
- mental insight;
- lights, the information, ideas, or mental capacities possessed: to act according to one's lights.
- a lighthouse.
- [Archaic.]the eyesight.
- bring to light, to discover or reveal: The excavations brought to light the remnants of an ancient civilization.
- come to light, to be discovered or revealed: Some previously undiscovered letters have lately come to light.
- hide one's light under a bushel, to conceal or suppress one's talents or successes.
- in a good (or bad ) light, under favorable (or unfavorable) circumstances: She worshiped him, but then she'd only seen him in a good light.
- in (the) light of, taking into account;
considering: It was necessary to review the decision in the light of recent developments.
- light at the end of the tunnel, a prospect of success, relief, or redemption: We haven't solved the problem yet, but we're beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
- see the light:
- to come into existence or being.
- to be made public.
- to begin to accept or understand a point of view one formerly opposed: Her father was opposed to her attending an out-of-town college, but he finally saw the light.
- shed or throw light on, to clarify;
clear up: His deathbed confession threw light on a mystery of long standing.
- having light or illumination;
well-lighted: the lightest room in the entire house.
- pale, whitish, or not deep or dark in color: a light blue.
- (of coffee or tea) containing enough milk or cream to produce a light color.
- to set burning, as a candle, lamp, fire, match, or cigarette;
- to turn or switch on (an electric light): One flick of the master switch lights all the lamps in the room.
- to give light to;
furnish with light or illumination: The room is lighted by two large chandeliers.
- to make (an area or object) bright with or as if with light (often fol. by up): Hundreds of candles lighted up the ballroom.
- to cause (the face, surroundings, etc.) to brighten, esp. with joy, animation, or the like (often fol. by up): A smile lit up her face. Her presence lighted up the room.
- to guide or conduct with a light: a candle to light you to bed.
- to take fire or become kindled: The damp wood refused to light.
- to ignite a cigar, cigarette, or pipe for purposes of smoking (usually fol. by up): He took out a pipe and lighted up before speaking.
- to become illuminated when switched on: This table lamp won't light.
- to become bright, as with light or color (often fol. by up): The sky lights up at sunset.
- to brighten with animation or joy, as the face or eyes (often fol. by up).
Talltall (tôl),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv. —adj.
- having a relatively great height;
of more than average stature: a tall woman; tall grass.
- having stature or height as specified: a man six feet tall.
- large in amount or degree;
considerable: a tall price; Swinging that deal is a tall order.
difficult to believe: a tall tale.
grandiloquent: He engages in so much tall talk, one never really knows what he's saying.
- having more than usual length;
long and relatively narrow: He carried a tall walking stick.
- in a proud, confident, or erect manner: to stand tall; to walk tall.
Blackblack (blak),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, n., v., adv.
- lacking hue and brightness;
absorbing light without reflecting any of the rays composing it.
- characterized by absence of light;
enveloped in darkness: a black night.
- (sometimes cap.)
- pertaining or belonging to any of the various populations characterized by dark skin pigmentation, specifically the dark-skinned peoples of Africa, Oceania, and Australia.
- soiled or stained with dirt: That shirt was black within an hour.
dismal: a black outlook.
inexcusable: a black lie.
- boding ill;
sullen or hostile;
threatening: black words; black looks.
- (of coffee or tea) without milk or cream.
- without any moral quality or goodness;
wicked: His black heart has concocted yet another black deed.
- indicating censure, disgrace, or liability to punishment: a black mark on one's record.
- marked by disaster or misfortune: black areas of drought; Black Friday.
- wearing black or dark clothing or armor: the black prince.
- based on the grotesque, morbid, or unpleasant aspects of life: black comedy; black humor.
- (of a check mark, flag, etc.) done or written in black to indicate, as on a list, that which is undesirable, sub-standard, potentially dangerous, etc.: Pilots put a black flag next to the ten most dangerous airports.
- illegal or underground: The black economy pays no taxes.
- showing a profit;
not showing any losses: the first black quarter in two years.
- deliberately false or intentionally misleading: black propaganda.
- boycotted, as certain goods or products by a trade union.
- (of steel) in the form in which it comes from the rolling mill or forge;
- black or white, completely either one way or another, without any intermediate state.
- the color at one extreme end of the scale of grays, opposite to white, absorbing all light incident upon it. Cf. white (def. 20).
- (sometimes cap.)
- a member of any of various dark-skinned peoples, esp. those of Africa, Oceania, and Australia.
- black clothing, esp. as a sign of mourning: He wore black at the funeral.
- the dark-colored men or pieces or squares.
- black pigment: lamp black.
- [Slang.]See black beauty.
- a horse or other animal that is entirely black.
- black and white:
- print or writing: I want that agreement in black and white.
- a monochromatic picture done with black and white only.
- a chocolate soda containing vanilla ice cream.
- in the black, operating at a profit or being out of debt (opposed to in the red): New production methods put the company in the black.
- to make black;
put black on;
- to boycott or ban.
- to polish (shoes, boots, etc.) with blacking.
- to become black;
take on a black color;
- black out:
- to lose consciousness: He blacked out at the sight of blood.
- to erase, obliterate, or suppress: News reports were blacked out.
- to forget everything relating to a particular event, person, etc.: When it came to his war experiences he blacked out completely.
- [Theat.]to extinguish all of the stage lights.
- to make or become inoperable: to black out the radio broadcasts from the U.S.
- [Mil.]to obscure by concealing all light in defense against air raids.
- [Radio and Television.]to impose a broadcast blackout on (an area).
- to withdraw or cancel (a special fare, sale, discount, etc.) for a designated period: The special air fare discount will be blacked out by the airlines over the holiday weekend.
- (of coffee or tea) served without milk or cream.
Pendantpend•ant (pen′dənt),USA pronunciation n. Also pendent.
- a hanging ornament, as an earring or the main piece suspended from a necklace.
- an ornament suspended from a roof, vault, or ceiling.
- a hanging electrical lighting fixture;
- that by which something is suspended, as the ringed stem of a watch.
- a match, parallel, companion, or counterpart.
- Also, pennant. a length of rope attached to a masthead, the end of a yardarm, etc., and having a block or thimble secured to its free end.
Lamplamp (lamp),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various devices furnishing artificial light, as by electricity or gas. Cf. fluorescent lamp, incandescent lamp.
- a container for an inflammable liquid, as oil, which is burned at a wick as a means of illumination.
- a source of intellectual or spiritual light: the lamp of learning.
- any of various devices furnishing heat, ultraviolet, or other radiation: an infrared lamp.
- a celestial body that gives off light, as the moon or a star.
- a torch.
- lamps, the eyes.
- smell of the lamp, to give evidence of laborious study or effort: His dissertation smells of the lamp.
- to look at;
Hi guys, this image is about Tom Dixon Beat Light Tall - Black Pendant Lamp ( Beat Lamp #6). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 1288 x 1288. This picture's file size is only 71 KB. Wether You ought to download It to Your laptop, you have to Click here. You also too download more images by clicking the image below or see more at this article: Beat Lamp.
You are not the only real people that can purchase Tom Dixon Beat Light Tall - Black Pendant Lamp ( Beat Lamp #6). Every home operator due to their properties of furniture in need. This is the motive you can find a lot of choices in stores. It is essential for you to make certain all the items you choose based on your home. Standard furniture could charge very expensive.
Seek out Beat Lamp that is sturdy standard should you fit them outdoors. Examine accessories and the weak welds. Dismiss them, if you discover a weld that seems even probably poor and find furniture that is tough. Each outside furniture you choose must not be unable to tolerate the elements of dynamics to be subjected for several years.
Consequently, you shouldn't forget the probability of utilizing the furniture. Ads in backyard revenue along with regional newspapers and cd shops typically might have some very nice fixtures. You can have the furniture if required, reupholstered. You can save lots of income by following these tips.