Lovely Kansas Water Office #2 By Taking A Couple Of Steps Each Month, You Too Can Save Water. Http://www.epa.gov/watersense/im-water-pledge …pic.twitter.com/4UbwzxTJ7L
Lovely Kansas Water Office #2 By Taking A Couple Of Steps Each Month, You Too Can Save Water. Http://www.epa.gov/watersense/im-water-pledge …pic.twitter.com/4UbwzxTJ7L Photos Collection
KansasKan•sas (kan′zəs),USA pronunciation n.
- a state in the central United States: a part of the Midwest. 2,363,208. 82,276 sq. mi. (213,094 sq. km). Cap.: Topeka. Abbr.: KS (for use with zip code), Kans., Kan., Kas.
- a river in NE Kansas, flowing E to the Missouri River. 169 mi. (270 km) long.
Waterwa•ter (wô′tər, wot′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a transparent, odorless, tasteless liquid, a compound of hydrogen and oxygen, H2O, freezing at 32°F or 0°C and boiling at 212°F or 100°C, that in a more or less impure state constitutes rain, oceans, lakes, rivers, etc.: it contains 11.188 percent hydrogen and 88.812 percent oxygen, by weight.
- a special form or variety of this liquid, as rain.
- Often, waters. this liquid in an impure state as obtained from a mineral spring: Last year we went to Marienbad for the waters.
- the liquid content of a river, inlet, etc., with reference to its relative height, esp. as dependent on tide: a difference of 20 feet between high and low water.
- the surface of a stream, river, lake, ocean, etc.: above, below, or on the water.
- flowing water, or water moving in waves: The river's mighty waters.
- the sea or seas bordering a particular country or continent or located in a particular part of the world: We left San Diego and sailed south for Mexican waters.
- a liquid solution or preparation, esp. one used for cosmetic purposes: lavender water; lemon water.
- Often, waters. [Med.]
- amniotic fluid.
- the bag of waters;
amnion: Her water broke at 2 a.m.
- any of various solutions of volatile or gaseous substances in water: ammonia water.
- any liquid or aqueous organic secretion, exudation, humor, or the like, as tears, perspiration, or urine.
- [Finance.]fictitious assets or the inflated values they give to the stock of a corporation.
- a wavy, lustrous pattern or marking, as on silk fabrics or metal surfaces.
- (formerly) the degree of transparency and brilliancy of a diamond or other precious stone.
- above water, out of embarrassment or trouble, esp. of a financial nature: They had so many medical bills that they could hardly keep their heads above water.
- break water:
- to break the surface of the water by emerging from it.
- [Swimming.]to break the surface of the water with the feet, esp. in swimming the breaststroke doing the frog kick.
- to break the amniotic sac prior to parturition.
- by water, by ship or boat: to send goods by water.
- hold water:
- to be logical, defensible, or valid: That accusation won't hold water.
- to check the movement of a rowboat by keeping the oars steady with the blades vertical.
- dead in the water. See dead (def. 36).
- in deep water, in great distress or difficulty: Their marriage has been in deep water for some time.
- in hot water. See hot water.
- like water, lavishly;
freely: The champagne flowed like water.
- make water:
- (of a boat) to allow water to enter;
- to urinate.
- take water, (of a boat) to allow water to enter through leaks or portholes or over the side.
- tread water. See tread (def. 12).
- to sprinkle, moisten, or drench with water: to water the flowers; to water a street.
- to supply (animals) with water for drinking.
- to furnish with a supply of water, as a ship.
- to furnish water to (a region), as by streams;
supply (land) with water, as by irrigation: The valley is watered by a branch of the Colorado River. Our land is watered by the All-American Canal.
- to dilute, weaken, soften, or adulterate with, or as with, water (often fol. by down): to water soup; to water down an unfavorable report.
- [Finance.]to issue or increase the par value of (shares of stock) without having the assets to warrant doing so (often fol. by down).
- to produce a wavy, lustrous pattern, marking, or finish on (fabrics, metals, etc.): watered silk.
- to discharge, fill with, or secrete water or liquid, as the eyes when irritated, or as the mouth at the sight or thought of tempting food.
- to drink water, as an animal.
- to take in a supply of water, as a ship: Our ship will water at Savannah.
- make one's mouth water, to excite a desire or appetite for something: The roasting turkey made our mouths water.
- of or pertaining to water in any way: a water journey.
- holding, or designed to hold, water: a water jug.
- worked or powered by water: a water turbine.
- heating, pumping, or circulating water (often used in combination): hot-water furnace; city waterworks.
- used in or on water: water skis.
- containing or prepared with water, as for hardening or dilution: water mortar.
- located or occurring on, in, or by water: water music; water frontage.
- residing by or in, or ruling over, water: water people; water deities.
Officeof•fice (ô′fis, of′is),USA pronunciation n.
- a room, set of rooms, or building where the business of a commercial or industrial organization or of a professional person is conducted: the main office of an insurance company; a doctor's office.
- a room assigned to a specific person or a group of persons in a commercial or industrial organization: Her office is next to mine.
- a business or professional organization: He went to work in an architect's office.
- the staff or designated part of a staff at a commercial or industrial organization: The whole office was at his wedding.
- a position of duty, trust, or authority, esp. in the government, a corporation, a society, or the like: She was elected twice to the office of president.
- employment or position as an official: to seek office.
- the duty, function, or part of a particular person or agency: to act in the office of adviser.
- (cap.) an operating agency or division of certain departments of the U.S. Government: Office of Community Services.
- (cap.) [Brit.]a major administrative unit or department of the national government: the Foreign Office.
- hint, signal, or warning;
- Often, offices. something, whether good or bad, done or said for or to another: He obtained a position through the offices of a friend.
- the prescribed order or form for a service of the church or for devotional use.
- the services so prescribed.
- Also called divine office. the prayers, readings from Scripture, and psalms that must be recited every day by all who are in major orders.
- a ceremony or rite, esp. for the dead.
- a service or task to be performed;
chore: little domestic offices.
- offices, [Chiefly Brit.]
- the parts of a house, as the kitchen, pantry, or laundry, devoted mainly to household work.
- the stables, barns, cowhouses, etc., of a farm.
- [Older Slang.]privy.
Byby1 (bī),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., pl. byes.
- near to or next to: a home by a lake.
- over the surface of, through the medium of, along, or using as a route: He came by the highway. She arrived by air.
- on, as a means of conveyance: They arrived by ship.
- to and beyond the vicinity of;
past: He went by the church.
- within the extent or period of;
during: by day; by night.
- not later than;
at or before: I usually finish work by five o'clock.
- to the extent or amount of: The new tug is larger than the old one by a great deal. He's taller than his sister by three inches.
- from the opinion, evidence, or authority of: By his own account he was in Chicago at the time. I know him by sight.
- according to;
in conformity with: This is a bad movie by any standards.
- with (something) at stake;
on: to swear by all that is sacred.
- through the agency, efficacy, work, participation, or authority of: The book was published by Random House.
- from the hand, mind, invention, or creativity of: She read a poem by Emily Dickinson. The phonograph was invented by Thomas Edison.
- in consequence, as a result, or on the basis of: We met by chance. We won the game by forfeit.
- accompanied with or in the atmosphere of: Lovers walk by moonlight.
- in treatment or support of;
for: He did well by his children.
next after, as of the same items in a series: piece by piece; little by little.
- (in multiplication) taken the number of times as that specified by the second number, or multiplier: Multiply 18 by 57.
- (in measuring shapes) having an adjoining side of, as a width relative to a length: a room 10 feet by 12 feet.
- (in division) separated into the number of equal parts as that specified by the second number, or divisor: Divide 99 by 33.
- in terms or amounts of;
in measuring units of: Apples are sold by the bushel. I'm paid by the week.
- begot or born of: Eve had two sons by Adam.
- (of quadrupeds) having as a sire: Equipoise II by Equipoise.
- [Navig.](as used in the names of the 16 smallest points on the compass) one point toward the east, west, north, or south of N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, or NW, respectively: He sailed NE by N from Pago Pago.
- into, at, or to: Come by my office this afternoon.
in the immediate vicinity;
at hand: The school is close by.
- to and beyond a point near something;
past: The car drove by.
away: Put your work by for the moment. Over the years, she laid by enough money to retire.
past: in times gone by.
- by and by, in a short time;
presently: The clouds will disappear by and by.
- by and large, in general;
on the whole: By and large, there is much to be said for the new system.
- by me:
- (in bridge and other bidding card games) a declaration that the speaker is passing.
- (in poker) a declaration that the speaker is checking: Is my pair of tens still high? By me.
adj. Also, bye.
- situated to one side: They came down a by passage.
- secondary, incidental: It was only a by comment.
- by the by. See bye 1 (def. 5).
Couplecou•ple (kup′əl),USA pronunciation n., v., -pled, -pling.
- two of the same sort considered together;
- two persons considered as joined together, as a married or engaged pair, lovers, or dance partners: They make a handsome couple.
- any two persons considered together.
- a pair of equal, parallel forces acting in opposite directions and tending to produce rotation.
- Also called couple-close. [Carpentry.]a pair of rafters connected by a tie beam or collar beam.
- a leash for holding two hounds together.
- [Fox Hunting.]two hounds:25 hounds or 12&fracnumer;
- a couple of, more than two, but not many, of;
a small number of;
a few: It will take a couple of days for the package to get there.Also, a couple.
- to fasten, link, or associate together in a pair or pairs.
- to join;
- to unite in marriage or in sexual union.
- to join or associate by means of a coupler.
- to bring (two electric circuits or circuit components) close enough to permit an exchange of electromagnetic energy.
- to join in a pair;
- to copulate.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Stepsstep (step),USA pronunciation n., v., stepped, step•ping.
- a movement made by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, accompanied by a shifting of the weight of the body in the direction of the new position, as in walking, running, or dancing.
- such a movement followed by a movement of equal distance of the other foot: The soldier took one step forward and stood at attention.
- the space passed over or the distance measured by one such movement of the foot.
- the sound made by the foot in making such a movement.
- a mark or impression made by the foot on the ground;
- the manner of walking;
- pace in marching: double-quick step.
- a pace uniform with that of another or others, or in time with music.
- steps, movements or course in walking or running: to retrace one's steps.
- a move, act, or proceeding, as toward some end or in the general course of some action;
stage, measure, or period: the five steps to success.
- rank, degree, or grade, as on a vertical scale.
- a support for the foot in ascending or descending: a step of a ladder; a stair of 14 steps.
- a very short distance: She was never more than a step away from her children.
- a repeated pattern or unit of movement in a dance formed by a combination of foot and body motions.
- a degree of the staff or of the scale.
- the interval between two adjacent scale degrees;
second. Cf. semitone, whole step.
- steps, a stepladder.
- an offset part of anything.
- a socket, frame, or platform for supporting the lower end of a mast.
- a flat-topped ledge on the face of a quarry or a mine working.
- break step, to interrupt or cease walking or marching in step: The marching units were allowed to break step after they had passed the reviewing stand.
- in step:
- moving in time to a rhythm or with the corresponding step of others.
- in harmony or conformity with: They are not in step with the times.
- keep step, to keep pace;
stay in step: The construction of classrooms and the training of teachers have not kept step with population growth.
- out of step:
- not in time to a rhythm or corresponding to the step of others.
- not in harmony or conformity with: They are out of step with the others in their group.
- step by step:
- from one stage to the next in sequence.
- gradually and steadily: We were shown the steelmaking process step by step.
- take steps, to set about putting something into operation;
begin to act: I will take steps to see that your application is processed.
- watch one's step, to proceed with caution;
behave prudently: If she doesn't watch her step, she will be fired from her job.
- to move, go, etc., by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, or by using the feet alternately in this manner: to step forward.
- to walk, or go on foot, esp. for a few strides or a short distance: Step over to the bar.
- to move with measured steps, as in a dance.
- to go briskly or fast, as a horse.
- to obtain, find, win, come upon, etc., something easily and naturally, as if by a mere step of the foot: to step into a good business opportunity.
- to put the foot down;
tread by intention or accident: to step on a cat's tail.
- to press with the foot, as on a lever, spring, or the like, in order to operate some mechanism.
- to take (a step, pace, stride, etc.).
- to go through or perform the steps of (a dance).
- to move or set (the foot) in taking a step.
- to measure (a distance, ground, etc.) by steps (sometimes fol. by off or out).
- to make or arrange in the manner of a series of steps.
- to fix (a mast) in its step.
- step down:
- to lower or decrease by degrees.
- to relinquish one's authority or control;
resign: Although he was past retirement age, he refused to step down and let his son take over the business.
- step in, to become involved;
intervene, as in a quarrel or fight: The brawl was well under way by the time the police stepped in.
- step on it, to hasten one's activity or steps;
hurry up: If we don't step on it, we'll miss the show.
- step out:
- to leave a place, esp. for a brief period of time.
- to walk or march at a more rapid pace.
- to go out to a social gathering or on a date: We're stepping out tonight.
- step up:
- to raise or increase by degrees: to step up production.
- to be promoted;
- to make progress;
Youyou (yo̅o̅; unstressed yŏŏ, yə),USA pronunciation pron., poss. your or yours, obj. you, pl. you;
n., pl. yous.
- the pronoun of the second person singular or plural, used of the person or persons being addressed, in the nominative or objective case: You are the highest bidder. It is you who are to blame. We can't help you. This package came for you. Did she give you the book?
people in general: a tiny animal you can't even see.
- (used in apposition with the subject of a sentence, sometimes repeated for emphasis following the subject): You children pay attention. You rascal, you!
- [Informal.](used in place of the pronoun your before a gerund): There's no sense in you getting upset.
yourselves: Get you home. Make you ready.
- a pl. form of the pronoun ye.
- something or someone closely identified with or resembling the person addressed: Don't buy the bright red shirt—it just isn't you. It was like seeing another you.
- the nature or character of the person addressed: Try to discover the hidden you.
Tootoo (to̅o̅),USA pronunciation adv.
- in addition;
moreover: young, clever, and rich too.
- to an excessive extent or degree;
beyond what is desirable, fitting, or right: too sick to travel.
- more, as specified, than should be: too near the fire.
- (used as an affirmative to contradict a negative statement): I am too!
very: She wasn't too pleased with his behavior.
- only too. See only (def. 5).
Cancan1 (kan;[unstressed]kən),USA pronunciation auxiliary v. and v., pres. sing. 1st pers. can, 2nd can or ([Archaic]) canst, 3rd can, pres. pl. can* past sing. 1st pers. could, 2nd could or ([Archaic]) couldst, 3rd could, past pl. could. For auxiliary v.: imperative, infinitive, and participles lacking. For v. (Obs.): imperativecan;
past part. could;
- to be able to;
have the ability, power, or skill to: She can solve the problem easily, I'm sure.
- to know how to: He can play chess, although he's not particularly good at it.
- to have the power or means to: A dictator can impose his will on the people.
- to have the right or qualifications to: He can change whatever he wishes in the script.
have permission to: Can I speak to you for a moment?
- to have the possibility: A coin can land on either side.
- [Obs.]to know.
Hi , this picture is about Lovely Kansas Water Office #2 By Taking A Couple Of Steps Each Month, You Too Can Save Water. Http://www.epa.gov/watersense/im-water-pledge …pic.twitter.com/4UbwzxTJ7L. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 624 x 597. It's file size is just 55 KB. If You ought to download This post to Your computer, you may Click here. You may also download more attachments by clicking the following photo or read more at here: Kansas Water Office.
This desk comes with metallic or natural coloring for example dull, black or bright. Seats are utilized not too much and also easy with all 3 seats' number. This table is used for speaking and eating since the measurement isn't too-large. Materials employed glass or ie metal.
Tabletops bigger so that it can be utilized to place fruits, kitchen utensils including spoons, discs, etc. Chairs used to be slim with a spherical or square thighs are tiny and lean to be able to steer clear of the impression of tightness while in the home.
The Kansas Water Office ideal for natural sort of kitchen room. This natural stand includes a square-shape that is thicker than wood or MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) to be able to produce a more natural effect. This stand mixes natural shades like bright and brown.