Why This City Of 21 Million People Is Sinking 3 Feet Every Year ( Mexico City Is Sinking Ideas #3)
7 images of Why This City Of 21 Million People Is Sinking 3 Feet Every Year ( Mexico City Is Sinking Ideas #3)
Citycit•y (sit′ē),USA pronunciation n., pl. cit•ies.
- a large or important town.
- (in the U.S.) an incorporated municipality, usually governed by a mayor and a board of aldermen or councilmen.
- the inhabitants of a city collectively: The entire city is mourning his death.
- (in Canada) a municipality of high rank, usually based on population.
- (in Great Britain) a borough, usually the seat of a bishop, upon which the dignity of the title has been conferred by the crown.
- the City:
- the major metropolitan center of a region;
downtown: I'm going to the City to buy clothes and see a show.
- the commercial and financial area of London, England.
- a city-state.
- (often cap.) a place, person, or situation having certain features or characteristics (used in combination): The party last night was Action City. That guy is dull city.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Millionmil•lion (mil′yən),USA pronunciation n., pl. -lions, (as after a numeral) -lion, adj.
- a cardinal number, a thousand times one thousand.
- a symbol for this number, as 1,000,000 or M̄.
- millions, a number between 1,000,000 and 999,999,999, as in referring to an amount of money: His fortune was in the millions of dollars.
- the amount of a thousand thousand units of money, as pounds, dollars, or francs: The three Dutch paintings fetched a million.
- a very great number of times: Thanks a million.
- the million or the millions, the mass of the common people;
the multitude: poetry for the millions.
- amounting to one million in number.
- amounting to a very great number: a million things to do.
Peoplepeo•ple (pē′pəl),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ples for 4, v., -pled, -pling.
- persons indefinitely or collectively;
persons in general: to find it easy to talk to people; What will people think?
- persons, whether men, women, or children, considered as numerable individuals forming a group: Twenty people volunteered to help.
- human beings, as distinguished from animals or other beings.
- the entire body of persons who constitute a community, tribe, nation, or other group by virtue of a common culture, history, religion, or the like: the people of Australia; the Jewish people.
- the persons of any particular group, company, or number (sometimes used in combination): the people of a parish; educated people; salespeople.
- the ordinary persons, as distinguished from those who have wealth, rank, influence, etc.: a man of the people.
- the subjects, followers, or subordinates of a ruler, leader, employer, etc.: the king and his people.
- the body of enfranchised citizens of a state: representatives chosen by the people.
- a person's family or relatives: My grandmother's people came from Iowa.
- (used in the possessive in Communist or left-wing countries to indicate that an institution operates under the control of or for the benefit of the people, esp. under Communist leadership): people's republic; people's army.
- animals of a specified kind: the monkey people of the forest.
- to furnish with people;
- to supply or stock as if with people: a meadow peopled with flowers.
Isis (iz),USA pronunciation v.
- 3rd pers. sing. pres. indic. of be.
- as is. See as 1 (def. 21).
Sinkingsink (singk),USA pronunciation v., sank or, often, sunk;
sunk or sunk•en;
- to displace part of the volume of a supporting substance or object and become totally or partially submerged or enveloped;
fall or descend into or below the surface or to the bottom (often fol. by in or into): The battleship sank within two hours. His foot sank in the mud. Her head sinks into the pillows.
- to fall, drop, or descend gradually to a lower level: The river sank two feet during the dry spell.
- to settle or fall gradually, as a heavy structure: The tower is slowly sinking.
- to fall or collapse slowly from weakness, fatigue, distress, etc.: He gasped and sank to his knees.
- to slope downward;
dip: The field sinks toward the highway.
- to go down toward or below the horizon: the sun sinks in the west.
- to penetrate, permeate, or seep (usually fol. by in or into): Wipe the oil off before it sinks into the wood.
- to become engulfed or absorbed in or gradually to enter a state (usually fol. by in or into): to sink into slumber.
- to be or become deeply absorbed or involved in a mood or mental state (usually fol. by in or into): sunk in thought. She sank into despair.
- to pass or fall into some lower state, as of fortune, estimation, etc.;
degenerate: to sink into poverty.
- to decline or deteriorate in quality or worth.
- to fail in physical strength or health.
- to decrease in amount, extent, intensity, etc.: The temperature sank to 30° at noon.
- to become lower in volume, tone, or pitch: Her voice sank to a whisper.
- to enter or permeate the mind;
become known or understood (usually fol. by in or into): He said it four times before the words really sank in.
- to become concave;
become hollow, as the cheeks.
- to drop or fall gradually into a lower position: He sank down on the bench.
- to cause to become submerged or enveloped;
force into or below the surface;
cause to plunge in or down: The submarine sank the battleship. He sank his fist into the pillow.
- to cause to fall, drop, or descend gradually.
- to cause to penetrate: to sink an ax into a tree trunk.
- to lower or depress the level of: They sank the roadway by five feet.
- to bury, plant, or lay (a pipe, conduit, etc.) into or as if into the ground.
- to dig, bore, or excavate (a hole, shaft, well, etc.).
- to bring to a worse or lower state or status.
- to bring to utter ruin or collapse: Drinking and gambling sank him completely.
- to reduce in amount, extent, intensity, etc.
- to lower in volume, tone, or pitch.
- to suppress;
- to invest in the hope of making a profit or gaining some other return: He sank all his efforts into the business.
- to lose (money) in an unfortunate investment, enterprise, etc.
- to throw, shoot, hit, or propel (a ball) so that it goes through or into the basket, hole, pocket, etc.: She sank the 10 ball into the side pocket.
- to execute (a stroke or throw) so that the ball goes through or into the basket, hole, pocket, etc.: to sink a putt; to sink a free throw.
- sink one's teeth into:
- to bite deeply or vigorously.
- to do or enter into with great enthusiasm, concentration, conviction, etc.: to sink my teeth into solving the problem.
- a basin or receptacle, as in a kitchen or laundry, usually connected with a water supply and drainage system, for washing dishes, clothing, etc.
- a low-lying, poorly drained area where waters collect and sink into the ground or evaporate.
- sinkhole (def. 2).
- a place of vice or corruption.
- a drain or sewer.
- a device or place for disposing of energy within a system, as a power-consuming device in an electrical circuit or a condenser in a steam engine.
- any pond or pit for sewage or waste, as a cesspool or a pool for industrial wastes.
- any natural process by which contaminants are removed from the atmosphere.
Feetfeet (fēt),USA pronunciation n.
- a pl. of foot.
- drag one's feet, to act or proceed slowly or without enthusiasm;
to be reluctant to act, comply, etc.: We can't begin the project until the steering committee stops dragging its feet.
- on one's feet:
- in a standing position.
- in an independent or secure position: The loan helped him get on his feet again.
- in a restored or recovered state;
able to continue: Psychotherapy helped her get back on her feet after her breakdown.
- sit at the feet of, to attend upon as a disciple or follower: American writers and painters no longer sit at the feet of Europeans.
- stand on one's own feet:
- to be financially self-supporting.
- to be independent: Overprotective parents do not prepare their children to stand on their own feet.Also, stand on one's own two feet.
- sweep one off one's feet, to impress or overwhelm by ability, enthusiasm, or charm: The gaiety of the occasion swept them off their feet.
Yearyear (yēr),USA pronunciation n.
Also, year in, year out.
- a period of 365 or 366 days, in the Gregorian calendar, divided into 12 calendar months, now reckoned as beginning Jan. 1 and ending Dec. 31(calendar year or civil year). Cf. common year, leap year.
- a period of approximately the same length in other calendars.
- a space of 12 calendar months calculated from any point: This should have been finished a year ago.
- Also called lunar year. a division of time equal to 12 lunar months.
- Also called astronomical year, equinoctial year, solar year, tropical year. a division of time equal to about 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, and 46 seconds, representing the interval between one vernal equinox and the next.
- Also called sidereal year. a division of time equal to the equinoctial year plus 20 minutes, representing the time required for the earth to complete one revolution around the sun, measured with relation to the fixed stars. Cf. anomalistic year.
- the time in which any planet completes a revolution round the sun: the Martian year.
- a full round of the seasons.
- a period out of every 12 months, devoted to a certain pursuit, activity, or the like: the academic year.
- old age: a man of years.
period: the years of hardship and frustration.
- an unusually long period of time of indefinite length: I haven't spoken to them in years.
- a group of students entering school or college, graduating, or expecting to graduate in the same year;
- a year and a day, a period specified as the limit of time in various legal matters, as in determining a right or a liability, to allow for a full year by any way of counting.
- from the year one, for a very long time;
as long as anyone remembers: He's been with the company from the year one.
- year in and year out, regularly through the years;
continually: Year in and year out they went to Florida for the winter.
Hello there, this blog post is about Why This City Of 21 Million People Is Sinking 3 Feet Every Year ( Mexico City Is Sinking Ideas #3). This photo is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 720 x 540. This picture's file size is only 76 KB. If You desired to save It to Your PC, you may Click here. You could also see more images by clicking the following photo or read more at this post: Mexico City Is Sinking.
Why This City Of 21 Million People Is Sinking 3 Feet Every Year ( Mexico City Is Sinking Ideas #3) hasbeen picked by the newly-married couple to perform the home. Along with its contemporary layout but still basic, this desk also been on account of several benefits such as for instance may be utilized of gathering together a kid's understanding, the household as a method, a place so forth and to put your kitchen gear.
This stand is usually coupled with amini home but can also be positioned on another space. Pricing desk can be cheaper than different desk due to the small-size. There is no damage in hearing some style multifunctional club table below for motivation, if you prefer to purchase this desk.
The Why This City Of 21 Million People Is Sinking 3 Feet Every Year ( Mexico City Is Sinking Ideas #3) suited to home space's current sort. This mini table has a smooth rectangular appearance to make it search more presentable to get a young pair that is vibrant. Contemporary platforms can also be easier addressed and cleaned thus did not commit long a young couple who are super busy.
This stand comes with metallic or natural coloring such as dull, white or dark. Seats are used too straightforward and never too much with all the amount of 3 seats. This stand is barely employed for communicating and eating alone as the dimension is not too big. Materials used ie metal or glass.
Tabletops greater so that it may be used to place fruits, kitchen tools such as spoons, discs, etc. Chairs used to be trim with a circular or square thighs are small and slim so as to avoid the impact of tightness within the kitchen.
The Why This City Of 21 Million People Is Sinking 3 Feet Every Year ( Mexico City Is Sinking Ideas #3) ideal for natural type of home area. This natural stand features a square shape that's thicker than lumber or MDF (Medium-Density Fiberboard) as a way to create a more natural impact. This desk mixes natural hues like brown and white.